Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My Heart is Raining Love

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by the nest this week.  This has been a bit difficult week around here.  My daughter got a flat tire on her way to work.  But was blessed by a gentleman who helped her change it so she could get to work.  After work she ended up getting a oil change and a new tire.  Saturday my rear drivers side passenger window broke and would not move up and down.  YAY!  The part to fix it will be over $300 so for now I rednecked it, by using what else, Duct Tape!  lol  Sad thing is, my car does not stick out with the duct tape on it.  It actually blends in!  HAHA.  I feel suddenly accepted.

But those things were actually overshadowed by the tragedy in Dallas.  I am saddened by the huge loss of life this summer in these public attacks.  First in Orlando and now in Dallas.  Even though we don't know any one in either city, both kinda hit me hard.  Even more so after I found out that my son's girlfriend was on an Upward Bound summer trip to Dallas.  She was actually about 1 mile away from the shooting and could hear everything.  The group was not able to leave Dallas for a few days and so we all were very nervous for her and the rest of the kids; all high school kids.

All of this lead me to change my design for this weeks theme over at 2x2x2.  The theme is Heart.  Originally I wanted to do hearts with wings on it but I suddenly got the idea to make a bit of a tribute piece for my twinchie.


 For this piece I used a white and black hand in a heart shaped handshake, with the background of the American flag, taken from my Tradition twinchie found here. I really love how this came out.  I do hope that we all can find peace, love and understanding and equality for all.

Also this week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Rain.  For this one I decided to make something pretty.  A rain cloud over a blooming flower.  Hope that you like it.


That is it for me this week.  Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and 2x2x2 to check out the great works over there and while you are there check out the upcoming themes and join in!

Hug your family, smile at a warm breeze, shake a strangers hands and please have a blessed and creative week.

12 comments:

  1. You always have the right words - and delicas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear, I am never at a loss for either!

      Delete
  2. A wonderful out adjustterightichie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I will be making some of these, if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I came to visit after reading your post on Beading, Beads, and Beaders. This is a fantastic idea! I would love to join in, but don't have a twitter and just joined flickr and still trying to figure it out. So the inchies can be made from anything? And you can make them out of different medium each time if you like? If you join in, are you committed to doing one every time? Sorry for all the questions. I love your bead inchies--looks like you are the only one using beads. Your blog is great, too. Thanks for inviting on the fb beading blog, Jennifer (ditsy jeeves)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jen Jen. We would all love it if you joined in. Follow the link to Every Inchie Monday. There you will see the list. This year it is based on Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. You dont have to do each week and do it in whatever medium you want to. You dont need a blog, just post to your flickr page. That is what I did for the first 2 years. I would love to see what you come up with. Glad you asked all the questions. If you have any other ones let me know.

      Delete
  5. what a fabulous tribute your twinchie is. and it's nice to see the effects of rain - a flower - well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your inchie and twinchie are fantastic. I love the joined hands, a great tribute
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete