Monday, October 6, 2014

Thistle This, Bracelet That

I am very happy that this weekend was mostly drama free.  2 little bumps on the road but nothing like the last few weeks!  YAY!!!  lol 

I have been working on a few commission pieces over the last few weeks.  But, my shoulder getting hurt slowed down the work.  I did finally get one of the pieces done, so I am super stoked about that.  Here is a bangle bracelet done in a Cellini spiral in 6 bright opaque colors and 4 different sizes of seed beads.





This week's theme at Every Inchie Monday is Thistle.  What a hard theme!!!  How many of us remember being a kid and running barefoot in the yard then the worse thing in the world happens.  You step on a thistle.  That was what we called them.  I so hated those things.

I also know that thistles are a flower of some kind so I had to research them to see what they looked like. 
Ugly things aren't they, yet pretty at the same time; well kinda pretty lol.  I for sure would not want to step on these things barefooted!  But I used this image for my inchie and I like mine better, it isn't as prickly and way more blobby looking.

On this inchie I used 4 colors of delicas.  I like how this came out.  Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out all the thistles that everyone comes up with. Have a blessed and creative day. 


22 comments:

  1. Such a cute inchie :) The bracelet is wow how amazing - you're good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, the bracelet is only the 2nd one I did with that stitch. I really love it.

      Delete
  2. You are so right about not wanting to step on a thistle! Not an easy one to do in beads this week but, as ever, you rose to the challenge! That bangle is beautiful, I'm in awe of the magic you weave when you share your dimensional pieces :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, I do forget to add my new work. this bracelet was the 2nd one I did in this stitch and I really like it.

      Delete
  3. The bracelet is stunning.

    Love the thistle inchie--so clever to be able to do this sort of thing on just an inch

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant inchie once again, love the bracelet as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your thistle is really nice and that bracelet is just beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your inchie. That bracelet is gorgeous. So much patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks JL. If you ask my kis I am the most impatient person around. But when I get in the zone i guess I get patient. BTW I got the beads, thanks again. Love them all

      Delete
  7. Your beadwork is AMAZING! Are your inchies all freehand or do you have a loom you work on? I am in awe of your techniques and talents. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, actually the stitch I do is an off loom stitch called peyote. so they are freehand of sorts. I do have a few looms as well. I just havent done loomwork in forever.

      Delete
  8. great inchie - I agree, they are prickly things, but beautiful in their own way. I love the cellini spiral - such neat results - lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bracelet and your inchie has captured the color of the thistle flower very well. They are really very pretty seen from the top when you can't see all the stickers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie, I dont think I have ever seen one from the top. I bet that is cool

      Delete
  10. I love the photo and the inchie. But I don't like them under my foot or on my pullover.

    ReplyDelete