Monday, November 24, 2014

2 Inchies in One, and a Gift for a Friend

I missed last weeks post because I got a bit of a stomach bug.  Actually, the whole house got the stomach bug!  It was not a pretty site at all.  LOL. 

So last week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme was Weapon. I really loved all the great ideas that everyone came up with.  So diverse and creative! 

The first thought that came to my mind was an arrow and a bulls eye.  I do like how it came out, with one exception.  I also like the patriotic theme I used by adding red, white and blue, along with brown Delicas for the arrow.  Hope you like it.


The one part that I don't like is that I had a knot where I added the new thread and it made the bead stick sideways; you can see it in the upper right corner.  Not a fan but I could not get it to lay nice no matter how many times I pushed, pulled and begged, lol. 

This weeks theme is X-Axis.  Wow that brought back a lot of college math that I vowed to never remember! LOL  I like what I came up with.  I used 4 colors of delicas, although they are hard to see in the light of the picture.  I think I captured the theme perfectly. 






This week I also finished a project for a friend.  She loves, I mean LOVES snowmen.  She has them all over her house.  One such snowman was an antique snowman that her brother gave her in the late 70's.  It was accidentally knocked over by her son's girlfriend's son.  She was really upset.  I don't blame her. 

About 2 weeks ago she told me that it was almost her birthday actually she mentioned it about 5 times LOL.  So I got the idea to design a snowman for her.  In the end I designed and beaded the snowman around a 1 inch dowel. Using tubular peyote.  I used 10 colors of delicas and got it all done within 2 weeks.  She loved it and was not expecting it at all.  I gave it to her with 2 small items from the Dollar tree.  she was so tickled to get them that she did not even notice the beaded snowman, until I told her to look for it!  LOL  Hope you like it.




Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out the rest of the awesome designs, and thanks for dropping by, I love to see your comments very much. 

13 comments:

  1. You poor choice, get well soon! You've got Thanksgiving coming up this week, don't you? Of course the patriotic colours. Love the luscious chocolate brown on the arrow. Great inchies! But, oh, that snowman - unreal, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, yes we are going to drive up to family for the holiday. I cant wait, just don't look forward to hours in the car LOL Happy Thanksgiving to you.

      Delete
  2. I love your inchies but OH that beaded snowman.....just wonderful!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful inchies and the beaded snowman is mind blowing--so much patience you have

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie, I wish I had as much patience in life like I do in beading lol

      Delete
  4. No one would ever notice that crooked bead unless you pointed it out, as you did LOL! What about a drop of superglue to hold it to the previous one, if it really bothers you? I would leave it though or you might get glued to your inchie! That snow man is unreal. I sure hope your friend realized the amount of work that went into this little piece of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, I dont think I will put glue on it, I actually had not even seen it until I was editing the picture. My friend loves the snowman and does know how much work it took, one of her sons and her 2 grandkids asked if they could have it or if she was gonna put it in her truck and she told them that no matter what it was not to be moved or put in her truck. LOL

      Delete
  5. Wonderful inchies. I can't see anything wrong with them.
    The snowman is fantstic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are too hard on yourself - even with you telling where your 'mistake' is, I can barely see it. great work, as usual - you must have hundreds of colours of delicas. The snowman is truly special - what a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kia, I actually have every available color of Delica. I am working on getting all the colors of the other sizes of Delicas as well. But that may have to wait for me to become a millionaire lol

      Delete
  7. Love both your inchies. The snowman is adorable.

    ReplyDelete