Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I Can't Think of Anything Catchy to Say!

I woke up Sunday morning and, like many of you, turned on the TV and saw the horrible news reports from Orlando, Florida.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families affected by the shootings.  I am really taken aback by this.  I can not see why anyone would want to do this.  So I pray for all of these people and I pray that we as a nation can work through this tragedy.

Now onto this weeks artwork.  Over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Radio.  My first thought was seeing families sitting around the radio listening to shows and news, as this WAS their TV before TV existed.  So I designed one of those old timey radios, using 4 colors of Delicas.  I love the look of those old radios so this one makes me happy.


Also this week over at 2x2x2 the theme is Diamond.  My first thought was an art deco take on the Hope Diamond.  I used 3 colors of Delicas.  I wish the picture did the silver lined blue beads justice.  


That is it for me this week.  I wish I had a catchy theme or some sarcastic awesomeness to throw down on everybody but this week my heart hurts so much for what has happened to Orlando this week.  Again, I pray for those who lost their lives or were injured in this awful tragedy.  I pray that we will all learn to love more and hate less.  We are one humanity, one planet, one life! 

My friends, have a blessed and creative week.  Hug your babies and smile at a stranger.  Share love and be a blessing.

14 comments:

  1. I know how you feel my friend. Great work as always. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, I love how you handled it on your blog

      Delete
  2. Such awful events.

    Great inchies as always

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your old fashioned radio, and the diamond is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were watching an old movie the other night and I had to laugh at the people listening to the radio for the evening's entertainment. Everyone faced the radio like it had a screen or something. It brought back memories of my brother and I doing the same thing as children. Love your bead work, Freebird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, it does seem that we all did that to the radio, lol

      Delete
  5. Dear Freebird, your words speak volumes, more than you may know. I have to laugh at how the radio was the screen, like you could see the announcers and events come to life. Great inchie and the diamond is awesome--great sparkle. Thanks for joinging in the fun. Always, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your old fashioned radio - I have two huge ones in the basement that I don't know how to get rid of!. Sadness is also in my soul. Hug your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful radio - I remember my grandparents had one in a "wood" case, ours was only plastic or maybe Bakelite but it was a BUSH and I didn't find it in my house clearing in France last week!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete