Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Dolphins, Poetry and A Finished Piece!

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by.  I am glad I was able to post today.  We have been without internet (AGAIN) for the last few days.  But, I think it is finally fixed.  Fingers crossed.  I have some exciting news.  I finally finished my amulet bag.  The one that was supposed to be done back in July for the Facebook group Beadwork Mentoring.

I have been working on this when I had time and even when I did not have time.  By that I mean I was beading it in my sleep and in my mind while I was at work LOL.  I am really excited, can you tell!  So here it is.


Well, here is the necklace first lol.  It is done in herringbone stitch using 5 colors of 11/0 Czech seed beads.  After attaching the necklace to the bag I realized it was too long and had to be cut down.  So I cut it in the middle and had to sew it together.  Which was something that I was a bit worried to do.  You see, this is a 3 sided herringbone rope and if you ended up attaching the third side to let's say, the second side then there will always be a kink in the rope, and it will not lay proper from the bag.  Luckily, I got it right!

Now, when this amulet bag challenge came up I originally wanted to make something Native American since we are part Native American. But I could not find out what tribe we descended from so I decided to go with  Chief Blackhawk.  There is a statue of him near where I grew up.  My Mom had a painting of him in her living room.  Me and my brother both have a small statue of him in our front yards. We really like him, lol.  Even though I really love Blackhawk nothing was coming to me so I went to my favorite sports team. The Chicago Blackhawks.  So here it is (finally! LOL)

 
 This is the front of the bag with the Blackhawks Logo on it.

 
 
This is the back with the tomahawk logo on it.  This is the shoulder patch on the jerseys.  The fringe is made with black twisted bugles, black and white 8/0 seed beads, red bicones and small dragon scale beads.  The bag measures 4x7 including the fringe. I really love it!

This week also over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is dolphin.  For this one I did a dolphin playing with a beach ball.


Also this week over at 2x2x2 the theme is poetry.  I had a hard time with this one.  I thought about doing a raven but did not like the look of it so I went with a hand writing with a quill pen.  I don't think that it really looks like what I wanted it to, but still.


I want to thank everyone for stopping by and leaving me comments, they always make me happy.  If you want to participate in EIM or 2x2x2 jut follow the links and enjoy the fun, you're welcome!  LOL  Have a blessed and creative week.

20 comments:

  1. A big WOW to the necklace and the amazing bag.

    Both inchies are so beautiful.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice necklace with amulet bag. Almost looks like peyote stitch which is difficult for me to figure out around a rope. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn,the necklace is tubular herringbone,and the amulet is peyote. It took me some time to figure out the herringbone so don't give up you will get it, and thanks for the compliment

      Delete
  3. love, love the amulet bag , and always love your inchies <3 thanks for letting me make a few of the patterns, Shannon from Seadbeaders !

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT amulet bag and I absolutely LOVE the quill pen! Keep doing what you're doing and have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca, I just started physical therapy today so I am gonna have a great week! You do the same!

      Delete
  5. Wow, that amulet bag is amazing. I can't believe you cut the necklace part. Yikes! Sweet little playful dolphin and that hand drawing is clever. As an aside, I appreciate your information on kaleidocycle. I watched a video and was amazed to see it is similar to a card I just did. I made a "private" video on YouTube, but here is a link for you to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J0pk0l-b4o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, I adore the video, that card is amazing! Here is the video I did for my k-cycle. http://freebirdsinnovations.blogspot.com/2016/05/really-excited-this-week-really-excited.html

      Delete
  6. Fabulous dolphin , amulet bag and poetry twinchie. I really don't know how you do it, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work, Freebird! Always makes me smile and love your explanation of your inspiration. Thanks always for participating in the TwobyTwo. You are our best cheerleader! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. I really love any reason to bead and be creative lol

      Delete
  8. lovely dolphin and great amulet - so much work involved

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much beautiful beading....the playful dolphin is so cute!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. this one is my favourite out of all yr inchies & twinchies ive seen. (the hand i mean) hands are hard! cleo khat from fb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cleo, hands are hard for some reason lol. Thanks for the comment

      Delete