Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Oh Deer!

Hey everyone, I hope that the weekend treated everyone well.  I had a good weekend.  I got a lot of housework done and got my inchie done on time. ON TIME!  How cool is that?  LOL

This week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Deer.  I thought about the deer emblem that I always see on trucks and that brought me to this design.  Hope you like it.  I used 3 colors of Delicas and did another play on the negative space. 


I meant to show off some pen covers I made for my Sister and Sister in Law, I just forgot to post them last week.  Both of the patterns are from Carolyn DeGroff from the Facebook group Seedbeaders. This one is a dream catcher pattern for my sister. 



This one is a snowman pattern for my Sister in Law who loves Snowmen.


Aren't they both cute?  I think so, and both of them loved their pens.  Lastly this week I just have to show you something that is just great for the month of October.  My neighbors came over and brought something that they found in their yard.  My son was so excited that he HAD to hold it. 


Yes, that is my son holding the biggest tarantula that I have ever seen in person.  No, we did not keep it!  We did give it to a friend of my son. 

Anyways that it is for me this week, don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out the great artwork that the ladies have done.  Have a blessed and creative week my friends.



6 comments:

  1. Love your inchie and pen holders, but definitely not keen on the tarantula. Spiders give me the creeps, and that size would send me running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Wendy, yea my son wanted me to hold the spider and I said NO!!! Thanks so much

      Delete
  2. Lovely inchie once again, I always love the delicacy and detail you manage to achieve in your designs and the pen covers are just wonderful! They make such a wonderful gift. I cannot comment much on the last image...I have a spider phobia (and yes, I am quite old enough to understand how silly that is), but the sight of it just stopped my breath for a moment or two. It is a great photo btw...I have always been quite proud of the fact that despite my fear of these little beasts, I managed not to share my anxiety with my four children...then one day I had the thought that I achieved that feat only to provide myself with others who could pop them back outside the house where they belong ;) Dxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianne, I dont think being afraid of spiders is silly. I was deathly afraid of them for years. But I do get what your saying about having others around who can get rid of them for you lol

      Delete
  3. I love the deer & the pen sleeves are super cute! I'd definitely pass on holding that tarantula tho'!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, Yea I passed on the spider as well lol

      Delete