Monday, November 26, 2018

2 Weeks To Be Thankful For

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  Last week was Thanksgiving here in America and I was so busy that I did not take time to do my inchie.  I got to have 2 Thanksgiving Dinners.  A traditional one with my daughter and her friends, and a non traditional one with my son, his girlfriend and one of his friends.  Both were great because I really did not have to cook!  Nice!

This weekend I have been trying to work on some earrings to sell in town, earrings that have the colors of our local school so I have just gotten done with this weeks inchie.  Both are done and I am caught up (for now!) 

So let's get to it.  Last week's inchie world tour landed in Denmark.  So many great things about Denmark to talk about that I decided to go to one thing that is actually becoming a huge deal here in the states.  Cannabis, here many states are starting to legalize it for medical purposes.  But in Denmark there is a district, Christiania or Freetown Christiania.  It was an abandoned military base that in 1971 was taken over by some "hippies".  Ever since then it has been popular as a "Green Light District"  where "pot" or Marijuana is legal.  Even though it isn't legal in the rest of the city. 

So I decided to use that as my inchie.  What a controversial issue from a country that my uninformed mind felt that Denmark was above.  I know that might sound weird but sometimes you think about a different country and in your minds eye you see it totally different than it might actually be and I see Denmark as a country of sweet, gentle, well mannered people who don't know how to commit crime, much less smoke pot!  Haha!  That is what I get for assuming.



This week the Inchie world tour stops in Cyprus.  I really did not know much about Cyprus.  I knew it was an island off of Greece...and that is about it!  But when I looked it up I found out about love.  Apparently Aphrodite was born in Cyprus.  I am all for love so for this week's inchie I made a heart because what is love without a heart?


That is it for me this week.  I will hopefully (fingers crossed) be back next Monday with next weeks inchie, until then have a blessed and  creative week my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment