Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Leopards on the Loose

Hiya everyone, thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it.  This week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Leopard.  This week I decided to go with a white leopard print.  I knew that I was not going to be able to get an entire leopard on a beaded inchie.  But I do like how this looks.  I used 2 colors of delicas, a matte black and an opaque white. 


I also wanted to show off the finished necklace and gift box for my daughter.  She graduates on Saturday!  I am so proud I just can't stand myself LOL.  I finished off the necklace with a vermeil "S" clasp.  I think it totally compliments the necklace.  What do you think?





I also wanted to decorate the box for her gift.  I had visions of getting some Egyptian patterned scrapbook paper to cover the box.  But after looking all over locally and then online.  There is almost NOTHING in the scrapbooking world for what I was looking for.  How is that possible?  I mean I did find some papers that were almost 20$ for 25 sheets.  But that wouldn't get here in time.  So I finally found some ribbon and Washi tape on Etsy.  After buying both I went with the tape.  I love how it looks on the box. 

Now it may not look like a big deal to you, but I don't scrapbook and I don't do this kind of thing, (besides beading I am kinda craft challenged lol), so I think it is an awesome looking box.  LOL





And finally, here is the finished necklace.  Both sides.  





I think this is the most proud I have ever been on something I have designed. Mostly because of her, not even what I have done.  I am one super proud Mama.  I will post pics next week of her reaction to the necklace.

Until then don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out all the leopards over there. 

 

18 comments:

  1. looks great ! wish I had the courage to try something this amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, It just takes for you to take the first step. I bet you can do it.

      Delete
  2. WOW That is beautiful. She will love the box and the necklace, you can just see how much LOVE you have in the items. You should be very proud, it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerri, I am so proud of it. I cant wait to give it to her

      Delete
  3. Beautiful necklace! I like your inchie very much - looks so beautiful in black and white :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is very beautiful and the leopard inchie is terrific

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful does not begin to describe this piece! I wish I'd known you needed paper because I have tissue paper (gold+hieroglyphs) though it would probably not have reached you in time :-(

    The leopard spot beading is a fun idea too

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sally, that is really sweet, It might not have come in time. But it is nice that you offered.

      Delete
  6. Love your spots, Freebird! I thought of doing just spots, and may yet...there's always something new and different to try, yes? I cannot wait for you to tell of your daughter's reaction to her gift. It's a magnificent piece. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I will be giving it to her Friday night after work.

      Delete
  7. what beautiful beadwork. I'm sure your daughter will be as proud of you as you are of her. Love the inchie - good rendition of the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatiful inchie. Time to give the bag away. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The necklace for your daughter is absolutely gorgeous! And you made it an extra special gift by decorating the box too! Love it! Your leopard inchie is nicely done too.

    ReplyDelete