Monday, May 25, 2015

This Weeks Blog Courteousy of Snail Mail

I hope that everyone has a great Memorial day.  God bless all of those who serve and protect this country and keep us safe, and for the families of those brave men and women you are also a blessing to this country for your sacrifices as well.

Thank you all for stopping by and checking out my blog this week.  In last week's post I mentioned about me and my sister working at my Mom's house, sorting through everything and just hanging out.  We had a hard and great week.  All the memories that were brought up, the laughs, jokes and stories told were and always will be priceless.  Sunday morning my sister and my Mom went home.  They made it safe and sound all the way home, some 750 miles away. 

Once I rested some I got to work on this week's inchie.  Over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Envelope.  This is one of those themes that make me wonder if I can translate it in beads.  Took me awhile to figure out what to do, and after 2 remakes it was finally done. 

I used the mail icon on my email for my pattern.  I used 3 colors of Delicas, this is real small and simple looking.  Hope you like it.


 Also I finally get to show you what I have been working on for a few months.  Over at Beadwork Mentoring; a Facebook page; there is a competition going on and we finally were able to post our work this week.  So now I can show it to you. 

This is my take on a Summer theme.  Have you have ever seen the painting Sunday in the Park by George Seurat?  This is my take on that painting.  I really love this painting, and have wanted to do some art with it for a very long time.  It is such a simple painting, just a huge group of people looking at the boats on the river while sitting in the park.  But for me it just seems more, there is obviously something so enthralling happening that causes them all to be forever enraptured with the river.  I just love it and have always wanted to make it in beads. 

This challenge however, was to make it your own, not to use someone elses pattern and to design it yourself.  So instead of boats, they are looking at hot air balloons, another theme of the summer. 

At first this was going to be a bracelet but after getting it done I think I am going to get it framed as an art piece.  I used 25 colors of Delicas, and measures 7.7" x 2.6" and truly enjoyed every bit of it.  Here is a close up of the 5 Ladies and the dog.


Also here is the original painting.  The colors are all so great and there are so many, many people there.  I just love it!





What a great Memorial Day they are having, right?  LOL  Never thought about that until now. 

Anyways, have an awesome Memorial Day and blessed and creative week everyone. 

Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out the great work from all of the awesome ladies there.  Also, if you are interested in beadwork and are not already a member of Beadwork Mentoring, you can also fly on over there and ask to join. 


24 comments:

  1. Gosh, wow, a whole painting in beads! That is wow how amazing and big! Good on you, well done! Not to mention your cute weekly creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wonderful work and the inchie is amazing. I think you can translate anything into beads even in an inch. Amazing !

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie. I love challenging myself with the design possibilities.

      Delete
  3. Love your inchie. Your summer theme is so brilliant. I think you should win the first place. It is a competition? Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trillian, yes it is and I will let you know what the judges think. I hope I win 😀

      Delete
  4. I am beyond impressed with your beaded interpretation of the painting by George Seurat! You are just amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The envelope is terrific - good design source! Your Seurat beading is a masterpiece:-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your envelope is great!But your interpetation of the painting is amazing, you really captured the mood!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margriet, I am glad it came out that way

      Delete
  7. great job on the envelope inchie - I can imagine how difficult it was. I recognized the painting before you even gave it's title. I've always wondered what they were all looking at! well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thanks Kia, I know the original has them looking at boats but seriously how exciting is it to watch a boat float by LOL I had to give them something exciting to look at lol

      Delete
  8. I like your inchie but then I saw your summer theme work and was speechless...
    Oh my god, what an amazing work *wow*! I am absolutely impressed and I love what you did! Really fantastic, you can be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandra. I am really proud of it. It came out just like I was hoping it would.

      Delete
  9. Love your art piece, and the inchie is perfect. Very impressive work, Freebird! Glad you had quality time with family. A true memory-maker. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
  10. The inchie is great. I absolutely love the painting in beads. Oh my! It definitely should be framed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another delightful Inchie. Always amazes me the detail you are able to do in yours!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I really love the design possibilities within the inchie and twinchie mediums

      Delete
  12. OK I give up, your bead work leaves me speechless. Using your American word -- Awesome. Love the inchie and the take on the painting is just brilliant, well done, it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Wendy. I feel the same way when I look at all the work everyone else does. I cannot draw or paint so i do it in beads instead. Thanks again

      Delete