Monday, November 20, 2017

Hedgehogs and Turkeys

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by the nest this week.  This week here in America it is Thanksgiving, a holiday that celebrates the first harvest in the New World.  Nowadays, however, it is more to celebrate great deals on electronics, automobiles and mattresses!   I am happy that it is Thanksgiving this week.  I will be celebrating it on Tuesday as my daughter will have to work on Thursday.  I have already made an peanut butter, pretzel bark and PB & Graham cracker sandwiches covered in chocolate.  LOL so desert is covered.  My daughter is going to be doing the turkey and we will prolly share the duties on the sides.  YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!  I am excited, I love Thanksgiving!

This week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is hedgehog.  I have never been face to face with one but I would love to!  They are soo adorable.

For my design this week I went with something that I saw when I was shopping for dog treats!  Yea dog treats.  Next to the dog treats there are toys, these fuzzy flat animals stuffed with plastic bottles, bubble wrap or plastic sheeting.  One of them was a hedgehog!  So when I designed this weeks inchie I designed it flat, like the toy version.

Hope you like it.


That is it for me this week.  Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out the beautiful hedgehogs over there while I am getting ready for the turkey coma that I will be getting in a few days!  I hope that you all have a creative and blessed week, enjoy your turkey and LEFTOVERS!


10 comments:

  1. As always love your creations, just another way of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "reason why" stories...a noisy dog toy leading to a flattened turkey which is linked to a hedgehog? But, I can see that you are so focused on Thanksgiving that I don't think it would be reasonable to expect anything else...and it did make me smile. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Dianne, my brain works in mysterious ways

      Delete
  3. Great hedgehog, not easy to do in beads. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! We are spending the wee hours here getting ready!

      Delete
  4. I love your flat hedgehog, although we call a flat hedgehog one that’s been run over!!! Poor thing!! I always think Thanksgiving sounds wonderful - a real run up to Christmas. Enjoy being with family and having a wonderful day x Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, that is kinda how we see armadillos here, we call them "deadillos!" LOL Thanks again, maybe you should try an American Thanksgiving, maybe for Guy Fawkes Day!

      Delete
  5. Well done on getting such a 3D animal flat! They are such fun though prone to being full of fleas, I do love it when I see one in my garden. Happy Thanksgiving....

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is so cool. I would be so excited to see one in my garden! Thanks

      Delete