Monday, November 6, 2017

Owls and Art Invitationals

Hey everyone!  I am so super excited this weekend.  I have some exciting news to tell you but first I wanna show you my inchie.  This week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is one of my favorite animals, Owl.  I have done owl designs in the past, I named them Owliver and Owlivia. 

But for this weeks inchie design I designed a new one. I really love the colors I chose, brown and teal.  Which is one of my favorite color combos of late.


I designed this one to look like a owlet, a baby owl.  I do like how it came out.

Ok, deeeeep breath.  Today I was at River Valley Art Center for their Artist Invitational.  Where I had 2 pieces featured in the show, and well, take a look!


OH MY GOSH!!!  Can you believe it?!?  The first time I have ever entered an actual art show and I get 3rd place!!!!  I had my flapper amulet bag, entitled "You Gatsby Kidding Me." and the Egyptian themed amulet bag that I had made for my daughter when she graduated college.  The Flapper won 3rd place!  All the art that was featured was so beautiful.  It all looked like it was painted by famous artists!  I just can't believe that I won.

That is all from me this week.  Don't forget to fly on over to EIM to see some more art by famous artists!  Have a blessed and creative week my friends.

8 comments:

  1. That flapper amulet is wonderful and you deserve to be a winner! The owlet is super cute and I love the colour combo.
    It's a shame to see the inchie challenge come to an end so I'm going to save the list of those that I have not done - I think there are about 3 years worth before I joined! And I shall do those as a catch up exercise.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, I do hope that someone would be willing to take the blog over. I wish I could but I may be facing surgery next year on my hand so I wont be able to keep up with it. I am really sad about it as well.

      Delete
  2. Many congratulations, very well deserved...that amulet is wonderful (you don't see these about much now). The little owl is terrific, Dx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have made 3 amulet bags so far, I am sure I will make more lol

      Delete
  3. Love your owl, in my favourite colours as well. Your bag is wonderful, and a well deserved win. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you deserve to win - I have always said your bead work is amazing and your flapper bag is gorgeous a good decision made by those judges! Oh and I love your owlet - such gorgeous colours - you're right they are wonderful together. Sorry to hear you need a hand op but hopefully it will make life easier for you once done. Take care love Jenny

    ReplyDelete