Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Some Days You're Up, Some Days You're Down!

I hope that everyone is having a great week.  Mine has been a very up and down week.  I have been feeling alot like a yo-yo!  Which works out great since this week's theme over at Every Inchie Monday is Yo-Yo! 

If you have been coming here for any amount of time you know that I almost always go with my first thought on my inchie designs.  This week I had designed a yellow and blue yoyo; but with all the stuff that has been happening over the last 2 weeks I felt that a new design was in order. 

You see, over Thanksgiving me and my kids went up to Illinois.  We had a great time eating and visiting the family and eating and hanging out with friends and of course eating!  The last day there we were going to a fish fry. In the morning my daughter got sick, very sick.  She spent the whole time in the bed, in pain and feeling like she would be sick again at any moment. 

We stayed at the fish fry for a little bit because I was hoping that she would feel better soon.  When she did not get better we left to go home.  I did not want to have to take her to the hospital to be seen, just in case.  It took up 12 hours to get home (it was a 670 mile drive).  We stopped often so she could go to the bathroom.  Nothing helped and she was still in so much pain.  I was really worried, but couldn't let her know that. 

After getting home at 4 am Sunday morning I tried to rest, since I was going to have to go back to work the next day.  But by 1:30 pm we were at a walk in clinic.  Her pain was way more than an upset stomach or bad gas.  After 4 hours we found out that she might have kidney stones and were sent home with medicine.

The next morning my daughter screams in pain.  She tells me that she feels like someone is stabbing her in the front and back!  We run to the Dr.'s office, who sends us to the ER for a CT scan.  Seven hours later we are leaving the ER with 2 new prescriptions and some very scary news.  She has a tumor on one of her ovaries that is the size of a grapefruit which is causing her the pain.  We were also told to make an appointment with an OBGYN to talk about surgery. 

The next day we are in a Gynecologists office and finding out all the scary news.  She will need surgery and very soon.  Like on Saturday! (BTW this is Tuesday).  On Saturday we are at the hospital.  It had been a week since she started hurting and who knew 1 week earlier when we were in Illinois visiting family that we would now be in Baptist Hospital waiting for my baby girl to have a life saving surgery! 

A 2 hour surgery took over 3.5 hours.  But she made it threw fantastically, with one exception.  The tumor was bigger than they thought, way bigger.  The Doctor was not sure how she was walking upright with it in her.  She also had to lose an ovary but she is still alive. They took tissue samples to see if it is cancerous, but they don't believe that it is.  Praise God for that. I would like to mention that family, friends, co-workers, churches, and even strangers were praying for her.  God is good!  All the time!  She is home and healing, she is gonna be ok. 

All of this made me think about the yo-yo, up and down, up and down.  That was how the last 2 weeks have been for my family.  Made me think about the fact that life is like a crazy yo-yo.  So that was what I made the inchie into. 








It might be hard to see but I used Gold delicas to make the word "Life" and used 5 different colors for the background.  It is a bit difficult to see the word "Life"  but I liked that since sometimes life is difficult. Very literal design I felt.

One more thing, I mentioned this on Facebook and I really want to say it here.  If you feel like something is wrong with your health, don't ignore it, don't play it off as "nothing".  Because it just might be "something".  You have too many people who care about you to ignore it.  Doing that almost cost my daughter her life.

Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out all the great designs from some amazing artists.  And have a blessed and creative week.


12 comments:

  1. Tina,
    I will keep your family in my prayers. Very special inchie this week. It would makea nice amulet for your daughter. I know its small but it's an idea.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula, I think you are right, would make a beautiful amulet. Thanks for the idea.

      Delete
  2. Oh..... How is your daughter now? Please keep us updated on progress, and may it be only good news. You are amazing for finding the strength within you to create art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, beading is my go-to thing for dealing with stress. She is doing well, she is getting more mobile everyday. She will get her staples out next Monday.

      Delete
  3. what a traumatic experience! Please keep us posted as to how your daughter, and yourself, are doing. How scary. Love your inchie with the symbolically subtle word life and the bright ups and downs. Amazing how art can help you express yourself and be therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kia. I do believe that art is therapy. My daughter is doing good, she got up on her own without help today.

      Delete
  4. So sorry to read about this awful time for you and your family.

    The inchie is wonderful and shows the ups and downs of life.

    Take care--thinking of you

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very glad that God had His hand on everything. Your sweet girl is a miracle, and I can only imagine how frightening this was for you. Glad to hear she is on the mend.
    Blessings,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley, I truly believe that God was watching over her completely.

      Delete
  6. Dear Freebird, Sorry to hear about your daughter; am glad she is doing well. My prayers to you and your family. Have a brilliant day! c
    PS. Love the Life inchie; fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your compliments and prayers.

      Delete