Monday, December 22, 2014

This week has been very zig-zaggy!

I think I am very glad that this year is almost over.  This last week, no month, has been like driving on a zigzag road.  You think that you are on the straight and narrow, going along like you know what you are doing and all of a sudden there is a curve; a sharp curve, that pulls the tires off the road!  You know what I am talking about? 

I am gonna say that next year is gonna be my journey year.  I am gonna try to stay away from the zigzag roads and work on my health and the health of my family!  My daughter is on the mend after her surgery and making good strides, she has a long road ahead but it is a straight road with no curves! 

Now, along those lines :)  Every Inchie Monday's theme is Zigzag, and for some reason I have to challenge myself, I have to use many colors of Delicas and make difficult designs!  This week is a prime example.  I used 9 colors of Delicas and did a vertical design of repeating zigzags. 


I did mess up with having the sky blue and the lilac next to one another, and having another purple color on there that looked to similar but I do like how it came out.  I don't think I will ever make this again though lol.  I do think that this would make a great tubular peyote bead; but again I am not one to try it ever, (well maybe not anytime soon LOL)

I just wanted to also say thank you all for stopping by and for brightening my day with your great comments, and if you have not already done it fly on over to EIM and check out the great artwork by all of the talented ladies.  And have a very Merry Christmas, and may you all be blessed this season.

14 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooooo glad your baby girl is better! Yep, there is nothing like a zig zagging health. So I wish you and yours supremely fantastic health going forward, not just in 2015, all the time!
    I, for one, happen to love how you created sea waves with the 3 complementing colours. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe, I also hope for blessings in all you and your family does this next year and beyond

      Delete
  2. your zigzag beads are amazing - so many colours! Glad your daughter is doing well and hope your next year is less stressful. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kia, Merry Christmas to you and have a blessed new year

      Delete
  3. Tina,
    Another nice inchie. I wouldn't say you messed up anything, I would say your muse was guiding your hand in choosing the order for the colors. That group seems to follow a rainbow or chakra in some ways. Kind of giving you a sign for better things in the new year.
    Glad to hear your daughter is on the mend. I will keep both of you on my prayers. Have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula, what an awesome way to look at it. I had not thought about that. May you also have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed new Year

      Delete
  4. You have done it again. I love to see how you rise to the challenge with your beadwork. Wishing continued recovery for your daughter, straighter roads ahead, a blessed holiday and a prosperous new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words. I pray the same for you my dear

      Delete
  5. Pleased to hear that you daughter is doing well now and I hope she continues to do well.

    Wonderful inchies with fantastic colours and they look just right to me in that order.

    Have a happy holiday.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie, Merry Christmas to you and your family

      Delete
  6. I love the colors in this and I think it's perfect the way you have it. I'm glad that your daughter is on the mend. Remember, everything you have lived and gone through has made you who you are today. I often reminded myself of this when I went to college at the age of 42. Everything that I lived through that put me walking through those doors at that age, made me so successful with my education. I'm glad to have learned through some tough times :) Have a very Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for that Marie. This is very true. Merry Christmas to you as well

      Delete
  7. Fabulous love all the colours. Happy Christmas and New Year

    ReplyDelete