Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Knock on Wood, No Monkey-ing Around!

Hey everybody, thanks for stopping by today.  Great to see you.  This weekend I spent time beading and doing a bit of housework, also comforting one of my dogs when another dog jumped him.  He was not hurt just scared as he is a gentle giant and not used to being attacked.  Poor baby whined for about 3 minutes as I checked him.  Found nothing,but kept giving him comforting words and soon he was ready to go back outside, Mama made it all better!

This week I continue to have household misadventures.  Last night while doing the dishes I dropped a plate.  Corelle dishes are great because they are very hard to break.  But, this story wouldn't be mine if it did not break, right?!?  Well, of course the plate broke!  Did I mention that these dishes are hard to break?  Well, when they do break they EXPLODE into a million shards.  Literally!  Also, I don't make it a habit to wear shoes in the house so I got to play hopscotch in the kitchen while at the same time chasing the cat away from all the shards that she wanted to try to sniff/step on/taste/play with!  All so I could get the broom!  Who knew that doing dishes was a playground full contact sport!

This weekend I also had some misadventures in beading.  I spent the better part of Saturday working on a bracelet design for the Facebook beading group Seedbeaders.  While the design was fun and easy to do, my beads had forsaken me!  ARG!!!!  I did not have the exact supplies that the bracelet called for so I improvised and used what I had that was similar.  Same Millimeter size, just had a big hole in them and the 15/0 seed beads that I used kept slipping into the holes!  So I had to fight with the seed beads and try to get them to behave.  Beads behaving badly I tell you!  But the end result was so worth it, don't you think?
 

In this pattern, designed by Shelley Humphrey Bettencourt, I used mini duos, 15/0 and 4mm cube beads.  If you want the true pattern then fly on over to Seedbeaders Facebook group and join in all the great beady fun!

Also this week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Monkey.  This theme has so many ways to go on.  A monkey on your back; monkeys on the bed; hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil; 12 Monkeys ( A Syfy tv show and a movie); or just monkeys in a barrel.  But for me I just decided to make a simple monkey face.  I am not sure if I like him, to me he looks a bit evil with the eyes, what do you think?  Anyways, I used 4 colors of Delicas and enjoyed beading him up.


Also this week is 2x2x2 week.  The theme this week is Wood, and it turned out to be one of my faves (again)!  If you are a fan of my blog (and I KNOW you are!!!  Right????) you know that two of my favorite things are trees and the color orange.  So of course I had to make a tree and use not one but 4 colors of orange in this twinchie.  I really loved this one and just love how moody it looks.  Check it out!


In this twinchie I used 6 colors of Delicas.  Also the drops that are flying thru the air are actually metallic green beads.  I wished the picture would have shown it better but it is there and I really wish it would have as it helps to show the movement that I wanted to convey.

Well, that is as much trouble as I can get myself into this weekend so until next weekend, make sure you check out EIM, 2x2x2 and if you are beady inclined don't forget to fly on over to Seedbeaders Facebook group and check out this months challenge.

Also, I would like to take this time to thank everyone for their comments they really make my day.  Have a blessed and creative week everyone.

20 comments:

  1. Hope you have a better week this week :)

    Love the bead work which always amazes me. The cheeky monkey makes the perfect inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie, I love that saying, cheeky monkey!

      Delete
  2. I swear I think we live parallel lives. One of MY dogs jumped another one of mine too! Too weird! Can you hear the Twilight Zone music playing? Love the bracelet. I may try it with 8's and 11's instead of the 15's though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, now if Rod Serling stops by I am outta here! Lol. The original pattern calls for super duos and 11's, can't remember why I used the smaller one though

      Delete
  3. I dropped a Corelle plate in the tiny kitchen room of our PAWS (Placing Animals Within Homes- our no-kill shelter) thrift store, and yes, they shatter if dropped, into a zillion pieces that fly in all directions. I helped clean up and there were bits on shelves, under things on the floors, inside pots, pans, other dishes and even glasses on the second shelf! I love the Corelle for being glass, and usually tough, but falling just right means a lot of searching for bits!
    Feel free to post the name of the bracelet designer on Beaddreamz. It came out very pretty! Your small pieces are lovely, but I like the twinchie this week, best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Corelle does seem to fly at super sonic speeds and even goes around corners. I did post about my blog but I will update about the designer as well

      Delete
  4. What a weekend... but your beadings came out very beautiful. I love your monkey and I am a fan of your blog and what you show on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your monkey - don't think he looks evil at all! Beautiful beadwork overall

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cheeky monkey and tree, your beading is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Freebird, thank you for your participation in the TwobyTwo. This one is gorgeous! All your work is beautiful. And your stories--and your take on things--is something to behold. CHeryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Cheryl. I do think differently than most.

      Delete
  8. I think Corelle must be very similar to Duralex, I remember having plates like that whilst growing up, the weirdest was sometimes they would shatter in the cupboard! Nice monkey, yeah, weird eyes but hey, who cares at the end of the day. The trees....ah the trees....beautiful :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, Corelle dishes are super strong, I have dropped some before and they wont break then all of a sudden you drop one and BOOM! lol

      Delete
  9. I also have the Corelle dishes and you are so right, they do explode. And, the dog and the cat always come flying in when they hear a plate hit the deck. Of course, they think food might be involved. Your bracelet is gorgeous. I wish I could still do beading, and I will when someone figures out how to add more hours to the day. Love that monkey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was more time in the day for sure, I would love to see any beading that you do!

      Delete
  10. I don't know about Corello plates, I have terracotta tiles on the floor in my kitchen - they are old as it is over 100 years old and EVERYTHING shatters on it, however as the floor is very cold I do wear slippers!! But like you with cats and dogs I have to keep them away when I have a clumsy time because it usually means I break things in threes!!! Love your blog and simply adore your bead work - you are so clever to do all those designs - it must take you ages and you must be very patient. Your colours are fabulous in both the monkey which I think is very cute - not evil at all, and your twinchie, which is delightful. Beautiful work and you have such an understanding of the beads - I just stitch them randomly to enhance a piece of embroidery! Love Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Jenny, I would be afraid to own a 100 yr old floor, I know I would break all the tiles LOL. thanks for the beautiful compliments, I only have patience for beading, not much else though lol. I wish I could do bead embroidery. I just dont think my brain works in embroidery mode. lol Thanks again

    ReplyDelete