Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Whose Pushing Your Buttons

Hey everybody, I got a question for you,  Are you the type of person whose buttons get pushed easily? Yea, me either ;)  Some days I can go all day without having them pushed by some bad or slow driver.  My kids NEVER push my buttons.  Neither do the animals; speaking of animals, even beautiful ones can push my buttons.

Take for example Sunday morning.  I was sleeping in, trying to catch up on all my missed sleep through the week and suddenly I am woken up by this blood curdling scream.  As a Mom I immediately jump up in a panic fearing the worst, only to be relieved and...well pissed off to find out that there is a peacock in my yard. A PEACOCK!  Yea they are beautiful but they screech like a banshee.  I was so relieved and mad that I ran out and yelled at the bird.  I wont tell you what I said but it had something to do with the fact that he was a $1200 bird and death.  Well, you get the gist!

Now, on to more pleasant, non-button pushing things.  Over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is button!  What are the odds?!?  I mean really!  LOL  For this one I decided to try to make a green mother of pearlish looking button.  I hope that it came out that way.  I used 3 colors for this one.


Also this week I got some cool news but I don't want to talk about it until later on.  But this news made me look at my UFO's (Un Finished Objects) and I saw this next piece that was about 80% done. So I got to it and finished it.  It is my own pattern but it is not long enough for a bracelet, (finished size is just over 7") so I made it into a book mark.  I knew when I started it way back when that it was too short but I just had to bead it up.  I am such a line-design freak that this just screamed BEAD ME, so I started it and then set it aside when something else yelled BEAD ME!  But now it is finished and I love it! Check this out, 3 colors of Delicas.


I will be working on making this pattern longer so that it will make a bracelet.  I also want to make this a more shaped piece next time.  Meaning I will only bead the knot and not the background.  Whatcha think?

Lastly this week, I finished a commission piece for a co-worker who just retired and wants to have a pretty sparklie choker to wear on a cruise later this month.  I really love the sparkle that the black faceted 8mm rounds give to the choker.  The necklace is also made with 8/0 black seed beads.  I can't wait for her to wear it out on the dance floor!


Well, that is it for me this week.  If you like the inchie then don't forget to follow the links and check out EIM.  Who knows you just might enjoy joining in!  Also don't forget the bi-monthly twinchie challenge over at 2x2x2.  I really enjoy both challenges, I love the chances to stretch my design brain.  Also, lets be honest, any chance to get beads out and play with them is an awesome thing.

Thanks for everyone who takes the time to leave comments.  They make my day.  Take care my friends and have a blessed and creative week.

12 comments:

  1. I had to laugh about the peacock- they do indeed have the most awful screech (my granddaughter can imitate one perfectly) - as ever it is a delight to see your various beaded items & this week is no exception

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. where on earth did the peacock come from? When I was growing up I had a neighbour who kept exotic birds so I got used to the raucous noise they make. very distinctive. great button inchie and lovely work overall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kia, the peacock is from the neighbors house. He has a peacock and an albino peacock. I thought they were gone but I guess not! lol

      Delete
  3. Bwahahahaha at the peacock!!! I used to have them, so I'm used to their screeching! I actually thought it was kind of soothing! Have a great week and learn to love the peacock! lmbo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of peacocks but I would have to muzzle them lol

      Delete
  4. I had no idea that peacock screeched. What a horrible way to wake up! Love your button. The pattern for the bookmark will be lovely as a bracelet, and the necklace is going to make your co-worker the envy of the dance floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous button and beadwork. Yes peacocks do make an awful noise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bead work. For you the topic button wasn't as easy as for the most of us. You have done very well.

    ReplyDelete