Monday, February 23, 2015

It is Monday Already!

Hello everyone, hope your week was a good one.  Last week for me was tough weather-wise.  Being this is Arkansas, we get a bit of snow and ice and the ENTIRE state seems to shut down.  I was not able to work on Monday and Tuesday, my son did not have school from Monday to Wednesday.  There is another front coming in and everybody was rushing to cancel school!  My daughter, whose college never cancels, canceled classes!  My son whose school always cancels if it gets too windy (or so it seems), has school!  Not sure if the weather will be good enough for me to go to work in the morning, but we will see when time comes.  I know I shouldn't complain, I really feel bad for the people in Boston who have had 9 FEET of snow in the last 3 weeks.  9 FEET!  God bless them!

So why not brush off the weather and think about beadwork!  LOL.  I was like many people sitting here at home watching the Oscars and drooling over the jewelry!  I let my daughter drool over the fashion, All I wanted to see was the jewelry, hahaha.  While watching the dance scenes and the acceptance speeches I made my inchie for this week.  Over at Every Inchie Monday the theme this week is snail.  I decided to make a cartoonie kind of inchie.  I love the colors I used.  I used 5 colors, although the "shell" part uses 2 colors but they are very hard to tell apart.  In my mind they were much more defined.  But I do like my little snail.  What do you think?





I really love the colors I used, the peachy background is opaque, so is the black used on the eye, the other 3 colors are matte, and the one that is the body of the snail has a bit of a shimmer on it, which I thought was perfect for it since snails are a bit shiny.  I really wish the 2 colors of the shell came out better but I still love it. 

Also this week I reconnected via Facebook with 2 nieces that I have not talked to in over 20 years.  That was so awesome!  Really made my week.  Just had to share that!  LOL 

Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out the great artwork over there.  Also, I want to thank all of you who read my blog and those who leave comments it makes my day.  Have a blessed, safe and warm week!

13 comments:

  1. How cute is that. I really love the colours you used for your snail

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hate the humidity and the sickly heat here. Airconditioner is no good at work. Finally some cool relief tonight. I love your happy multicoloured snail! He exists in the perfect climate. May your week get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you are still shivering in the depths of winter, I know that Nicki is ready to move from Maine to just about anywhere that has some sun right now & as she works at the school she gets affected in more ways than one by the school snow days, her husband cleared the roof last week and ended up burying the generator (under 7ft of snow!)

    I really love the snail you've created for this weeks inchie challenge & the colours work great, I love those matte beads - I have visions of you going to the market & buying your beads by the pound thanks to the fact that you seem such a prolific beader, I have some & when a friends gran passed away I got given her sewing/beading stuff..... Maybe I should mail them to YOU when next I come over to the USA!!!

    Have a good week

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, I feel for your Daughter and her family. Thanks, I really would love to go to a store where I could buy beads by the pound! I do have alot of beads, but like all other beaders I dont have enough! LOL The next time you come to the states, I would love to take those beads off your hands. Have a great one!

      Delete
  4. Oh how I feel for you about the weather. I'm in Southern Ontario and while we've got a fair bit of snow, it isn't the amount the east coast has. What we do have, and you too probably, is the most intense cold. I haven't been out off the house unless absolutely necessary. But as you say, enough with that.

    I love your little snail. I can easily see the two colours in the shell and see the spiral. Also love that intense blue. I've really got to learn how to do peyote, but I keep getting stuck at the beginning. Must persevere. Great work, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kia, I am glad that you liked my snail and saw the spiral! Also if you are having trouble with peyote, they sell these starter strips to help you start it out. They are called "quick start peyote cards" look them up, But I can tell you, once you "get it" you will love it!

      Delete
  5. I do love the color combo that you used, especially the peach. He is adorable and I hope it warms up for you soon. We were having weeks in the 80's and now it's dropped down to the 60's and I'm not happy. Can't imagine how you deal with that snow. (I grew up with it, but moved away as soon as I could!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, I lived in the North for 30 years and I now live in the south so it is supposed to be better pfffft! I wish it was in the 60's right now lol

      Delete
  6. I like your inchies very much and the snail is really cute! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors too. The snail is very cute.

    ReplyDelete