Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hitting the Nail on the Head

This week I finally got a bracelet finished that I have been working on for the longest time.  Almost felt like FOREVER!  What do you think?


  This is a pattern of mine, Lone Tree Click here to go to my Etsy store to see it and many of my patterns.  I have to say that I really adore the colors in this.  I added a 3D triangle and Peyote tube as a toggle.  I am not too happy with the bar part of the toggle but I might get to like it.  This pattern has 9 colors of Delicas in it and, even though I complained about it, I loved making this bracelet.  I was just not able to bead it as much as I wanted to. 

I also finished the monthly challenge over at the Seedbeadersters page, Netted Surround Bezel.  I have these big beveled 1.5 inch plastic "crystal" beads.  I love how big they look and wanted to have one as a pendant.  So this is what I came up with.








I used 11/0 Purple Iris Czech glass seed beads, that I bought from eebeads.  By the way, they are having a 60% off going out of business sale.  Awesome prices!  I really like how this came out.  I have never been successful at making a nettted bezel before.  The last one I made was too loose and the cabochon on the inside just kinda rolls around in it lol.



Also over at Every Inchie Monday the theme this week is Nail.  In the past I used a nail head for an inchie so I decided to go to something that I am getting well versed in.  Finger nail polish.  My daughter loves, and I mean LOVES nail polish.  Kinda like how I love beads! 

So I see her painting her nails often.  Which is something that I have never been good at.  I am not really patient enough to paint my nails.  But I am patient enough to bead two nail polish bottles!




For this inchie I used 5 colors of delicas.  I love the blue one most, the color is  really creamy, like nail polish should be.  Hope you like it.

Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out all the great artwork and have a blessed and creative week.



18 comments:

  1. I am sitting here, mouth wide open. Speechless at the beauty of your work! You are awesome! That bracelet is unreal, WOW! And congratulations on getting it finished - I can understand how that can be. Such an elegant pendant. And the tiny nail polishes crack me up. What a set you stunned us with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, I really love the bracelet pattern. It is one of my favorites. Thanks for all the beautiful comments.

      Delete
  2. OMG your bracelet is stunning! I really love the colours :-)

    Nail polish bottles....what a great idea, makes a change from the 2 types of "nail"!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, I think the nail polish was sorta predetermined by my daughter, lol

      Delete
  3. Stunning pieces on show this week-all amazing.

    Love the inchie with beautiful bottles.

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina,
    Absolutely amazing as usual. You leave me breathless and in awe of your talent. What I would do to have your designing abilities.
    Your inchie is once again "out of the box" great!
    Have a great week!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paula, I really struggle sometimes with colors, Like which ones go well together, so hearing you say that makes me feel alot better about my work. You have a great week as well and again thank you for your kind words

      Delete
  5. That tree is AWESOME, Freebird! WOW!
    Love your inchie--can never have enough polish, right? Great, great, GREAT!
    Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, according to my daughter you can NEVER have enough polish, lol she is always looking for more.

      Delete
  6. Your bracelet is wonderful and I love your inchie with theses beautiful bottles :-) Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. remarkable design and beadwork. Your daughter is right - you can never have enough nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work! I love your lone tree bracelet! Beautiful colors and well designed! Your pendant and inchie are awesome!

    ReplyDelete