Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat and Physics

Hey everyone.  I hope that this finds you well.  I have had a bit of a pissy weekend. So the physics of my weekend were no victory for me.  ;)  Get it?!  LOL  Maybe you will after you read this.  I think that the themes over at Every Inchie Monday and 2x2x2 this week are very fitting for me.  

The theme over at EIM is Physics.  Physics is the study of matter and motion.  There was a lot of matter and motion on my part this weekend.  Mostly me throwing some beadwork and for that matter me crying!  But before I get to that let me show my inchie.
 

With this inchie I used 2 colors of delicas and it may be hard to see but it is the symbol for physics.  

Also this week over at 2x2x2 the them is Victory.  We all want to have a victory don't we?  This one is a victory, at least I am calling it that.  


There is 5 colors in this twinchie.  I took the idea of this one from the movie V for Vendetta.  But I had to add one of my favorite colors to the background.  I did use 4 colors of orange for this along with the dark color which looks like it is black but it is smoke colored, lol.  

OK, so now to get to my thrill of victory and agony of defeat.  Since many of you are crafters like myself you will understand this.  You know when you have many colors for a project and you feel so good when you get done using one of the colors.  Almost like you did something significant.  C'mon, I know that I am not the only one who feels that way!  I thought so!  Well, I was working on the back of my amulet bag and was going faster and faster as I was getting close to finishing a color.  Then, it happened!  

I saw something that changed everything.  You know when you are working from a known design, something that you see often?  You know when you see that design and think nothing of it, then all of a sudden you see the design and realize the worst of the worst things.  That you were using the WRONG COLORS!!!  ARGGGGGGGGG!  Which makes the news even worse is the fact that you just finished a color!  

Sooooooo!  What does this mean.  It means that I had finished a third of the back of the amulet bag and then realized that I was using the wrong colors and now have to start.all.over.again!  So I don't think that I will be getting the amulet bag done in time but I will get it done.  Better late then never I guess. 

So my victory was that I finished a color!  And the agony of defeat was having to undo all that bead work!  On the bright side, I did not have to tumble down a ski slope to feel this!  Also on the bright side don't forget to fly on over to EIM and 2x2x2 to check out the great art work and maybe jump in and join in the fun!

 

12 comments:

  1. Great inchie and twinchie as always.

    Sad news about your mistake but they do say we learn by our mistakes--not sure who said it but I seem to make the same mistake many times.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured out the physics symbol right away! Awesome! And I adore your V for Victory and girl, you are nothing BUT victorious in your beadwork! Have a great rest of the week. Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about your amulet bag - can you just change the colours of the pattern? Probably doesn't make you happy. Great inchie and I could tell what it was without you explaining! Hope this week is better than your weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kia, I did change the colors, just sucks to start all over is all

      Delete
  4. Great inchie--that's powerful stuff to harness the atom. And a great, straight-forward interpretation for the twinchie. Thanks for joining in the fun! CHeryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always we see awesome beading (even if we don't get to see the amulet mistake!)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, no I forgot to take pics of it before I took it apart

      Delete
  6. Great work as usual, sorry about the wrong colour in your bag, I'm sure you will sort it out. My best trick is to drop beads all over the floor, and then keep finding them months later as they bounce everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that has happened to me a few times for sure! Thanks Wendy

      Delete