Monday, August 25, 2014

A Case for Quartz

This months the challenge over at Seedbeadersters was a "Lesson in Even Count Tubular Peyote".  Carolyn Cross DeGroff, the group administer, made up a tutorial with a pattern for everyone to do.  It was a blind pattern; meaning we did not know what the finished product was going to look like until it was done.  It was super fun. 

Here is my finished project.  I used 4 colors of delicas.  Two were Carolyn's color choice's and 2 were my choice.   If you want to join in the fun over at Seedbeadersters then follow the links and join the group.  There is still some time to make your own pretty!


In the end the project was a beaded needle case.  I love the little diamond and heart along with the gold pin striping.  I really enjoyed this.  Carolyn also put a special meaning behind the design.  But I am not gonna reveal that.  LOL  You have to fly on over there and find out for yourselves. 

I already knew how to do the Even Count Tubular Peyote.  But I have never worked from the bottom to the top.  So I love that I learned something new. 

This week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Quartz Crystal.  This week's theme;  like last weeks; gave me a bit of a fit.  I was not really sure what to do.  But in the end I decided to have 2 quartz crystals on my inchie.  I used 2 colors of delicas and I think that the Silver Lined White Opal looks a lot like a quartz crystal, don't you? 


Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out all the great art done by those awesome ladies and take care to stay cool in this extreme heat this coming week.

24 comments:

  1. Oh my, that case is WOW! Such a cute inchie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inchie. First time I loaded the page the picture didn't download but it was worth the wait. That needle case is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I always do my beading from bottom to top. That is the way all of my bead patterns are set up.

    Cute inchie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That is cool. I have always beaded top to the bottom. LOL I thought that was the way to do it

      Delete
  4. What a special needle case you made, and I do see the beautiful crystal in your beaded inchie. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your needle case is beautiful. I'm a more or less self taught beader and don't think I could follow such a complicated pattern. I admire your skill. Your inchie is great - good choice of delicas to get the colour of crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kia, I am also a self taught beader. I had to learn alot of things myself. Please, if you have not already, go to facebook and join some of the beading groups. there are a bunch on FB and they will be more than happy to show you how to do things or at least show you were to go to find out what you want to know. Just remember, all of us started somewhere. All of us were newbies.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful projects-great inchie as always.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are simply amazing!!!! I just get flabbergasted looking at your work and thinking how you even get started with the things you make!! They are all just beautiful!! I'm a touchy feely person , so I bet they all feel amazing too!! Have a great week!! :0) Share humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette, you have me blushing. One of the cool things about beads are their tactile-ness, I love touching the beads and they really do feel awesome.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic needle case and inchie. It looks very complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, luckily the lady who designed the tutorial rocks them out so that the complicated is made easy!

      Delete
  9. Yet more beautiful beadwork!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your work is so gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I truly admire your needlework. Your inchie is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What handsome works. You must have patience in abundance. As well, you selected just the right beads to make your work sing. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but if you ask my kids they will tell you I'm the most impatient person in the world. Lol

      Delete