Some of you might (or might not) know that for years my poor son has slept in the laundry room cuz our house is so small. Recently, I have been having a friend building an addition onto my house. Lately he has slacked off and not been around. Wasting my time, money and all the work that he has already done; which was not a lot.
After weeks of nothing, one of my Son's friends, Philip, mentioned that his Dad would have had the addition done by now! Excuse me....WHAT?!? Yep his Dad built their house, porch, deck and shed! (SIGH!) Well, all of this happened last week and this weekend a friend of Philips Dad came over and worked on the unfinished roof. Good news, he finished most of the roof and will come by on Tuesday to finish it. YAY! Bad news?!? (SIGH) the "friend" who was building the addition used short nails on the roof and the siding. Which means that if someone on the Mountain was to fart loudly the roof would prolly blow off.
Then, just after I finished this weeks inchie I went to work on a commission piece. After a few minutes I had to go outside to get something. A few minutes later my son ran outside and told me that our newest cat, Kiki swallowed the bead work I had been working on. When I got there I found out she also swallowed the needle as well. Did I say that my stress level is lowering? (SIGH)
So now we are watching her, praying for her and keeping an eye on her. I called the vet and found out that it would cost around $1000 to have her seen and have surgery to get the needle out, and they don't take payments. So needless to say we are keeping an eye on her and if she is in distress we will take her to the vet but as for now we are just waiting for her to go to the bathroom. Now I have learned to never leave my crafts unattended. (SIGH)
Now back to our regularly scheduled inchie blog post..... This weeks theme over at Every Inchie Monday is schedule. My first thought, with all I have to do is a "To do list" I used 3 colors of Delicas. Hope you like it and don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out all the awesome work by those talented ladies.
Have a blessed and creative week.
Please keep us updated on Kiki. I have a cat too and I understand. I will tell you how fantastic and clever your inchue is once you tell us Kiki is fine. I keep my fingers crossed for you.ReplyDelete
Just wanted to let you know that Kiki is fine, she passed the needle and all last night. Praise the Lord!Delete
What a time you have had. I, too, want to know how the cat is as I have 2 of my own. They will eat anything, won't they? The to do list is a great idea for the inchie and as usual done so well.ReplyDelete
Thanks Kia. I will let you knowDelete
Oh my! What a time you are having of it :-(. I can related as I still remember my last foray into the world of extensions....a 6 week job ended up taking 11 months due to my builders going bust and it taking forever to find someone to over the remaining work. Hope your cat comes through this "curiosity" adventure!!! I love the beading BTW :-)ReplyDelete
Thanks Sally, I hope mine wont last that long, but since it has already been half that long..... who knows lol About Kiki so far so good.Delete
Wow, you have had some rough times and yet you move one foot in front of the other and keep going. Good for you. I forgot to put away my knitting last week and my cat tore apart a cowl that I was knitting in very fine Quiviut (about $70 an ounce, which I would never pay for yarn, it was a gift). My fault for leaving it out though. We learn. Maybe :) Nice work though!ReplyDelete
WOW 70$ and ounce! God bless gifts! Yea we all live and learn. Lets hope that cat does as well. I hope she doesnt want to try out any more of my beads or needlesDelete
Beautiful inchie as always.ReplyDelete
Sorry you are going through a bad patch and I hope your cat is ok-will hope to hear better news from you soon
Love Chrissie x
Thanks Chrissie, so far she is doing great. We are beginning to think that she might not have eaten the needle. But we still have not found it.Delete
Oh dear you are going through a bad patch, I hope things improve for you. Let's hope the needle isn't in Kiki.ReplyDelete
Love the inchie, great work as usual.
Thanks Wendy, so far we are 2.5 days later and no needle, so we are thinking that it is somewhere is the couch lolReplyDelete
I've been coming here every day to see any Kiki news. Sooo glad 4 weeks on, she's ok. Fingers hugely crossed. Hoping 9 lives are in action.Delete
See if you can pull the needle out of the couch with a magnet.
Awww Zoe, thanks for that. Yes we are gonna dig into the whole living room and look for it. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers on Kiki. Will have to try the magnet. Take care my friend.Delete
Your Inchie is magnificent!! Wonderful beading! Now, my goodness, all that has been going on in your life! Whew! I do hope and pray for things to get better. And I'm hoping that Kiki didn't swallow that needle! I tell you, animals are just like children, if you don't want them to find something, they will!!! Anyway, hang in there kiddo, we're all rooting for ya! Have a blessed weekend! :0) Share HumanityReplyDelete
Thanks Annette, and happily 5 days after she swallowed it they all came out, in tact! We were all so relieved! Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts! They are very appreciated.Delete
I think your inchie is lovely. May you have a less stressful week coming up. I hope Kiki is okay. Reminds me of when our Corner, got hold of something he shouldn't have.ReplyDelete
JL, yes please to the less stressful week!!! LOL I so need one of those! HAHA and last night 5 days after she swallowed it, the needle thread and beads came out. But we almost had another incident when the dogs tried to eat them! But all is good. Thanks for your comments and well wishes.Delete